Top of this page
Skip navigation, go straight to the content
- Open NCC
- Make your selection
You can download all items (step 3a) or specific items from that list. Although it is possible to download each title separately, the use of a temporary save list ('My shelf') is recommended (step 3b).
- 3a. Downloading of the list: on the shortlist screen click Save at the right side. Goto step 4.
- 3b. Downloading after evaluation: evaluate titles by clicking a title in the shortlist or browsing through the title data (full references) list. Each relevant title can be added to a save list by clicking Save and in the download window on My shelf. Then continue your evaluation. At the end of this procedure click My shelf on top of screen to get the list af saved titles. Click Save at the right side. Goto step 4.
- 4. On the download screen select the number of titles you want (max. 100), select format 'MOPC', and select a download option (e-mail or screen)
- 5a. If you select the e-mail option, enter your email address and click e-mail. You will receive an email with the selected title(s). Open that mail message and save the content by File | Save as.... Select path and file name, and save as type *.txt
- 5b. If you select the screen option, a new window will be opened. Use File | Save as... to save the file. Select path and file name, and save as type *.txt
This saved text file is the one to use for importing into Reference Manager
- Start Reference Manager
- Open or create a database
- Click File| Import Text File
In the 'Import Text File' window:
- Select RM database
- Select Filter: Pica-mopc-tue.cap
- Select the downloaded text file
- Select the reference range
- Click Import
At importing it is possible that you get messages like 'Unable to import .... Field already contains data', because Reference Manager can import data in some specific fields only once. It happens for example if 2 ISBNs are available; only one will be imported.
The import filter recognizes three document types: books, conference proceedings and dissertations. All the other types are imported as book type. Therefore some editing may be necessary in the Reference Manager database.
< GENERAL >
Author names with prefixes, for example 'Karel van het Reve', are not converted well. Editing of the RM field 'Authors' is needed. Tip: use the term manager for a quick review of all the author names and for easy editing.
< DOC.TYPE Whole Book >
The publication year is imported in the RM field 'Publication Date - Other'. That is the only way to import a publication year like 19XX.
< DOC.TYPE Thesis/Dissertation >
The name of the institution is imported in the RM field 'Notes'. In some cases the title is imported twice.
More info on / start of NCC
More info on / installation of / start of Reference manager