Top of this page
Skip navigation, go straight to the content
The references can be imported directly (no import filter is needed!; only applicable for Windows users!) or by using an import filter into a Reference Manager database. The importing procedures are described in the following table.
Downloading and saving references
- Make your selection by marking
- Click … marked items
- You can make a second selection by removing markings
- Click Export citations into EndNote, ProCite, RefWorks or Reference Manager
- Click Export directly to ProCite, EndNote or Reference Manager
[Reference Manager opens automatocally]
- Select a Reference Manager database
- Click Open
By use of an importfilter:
- Make your selection and mark the relevant references in the 'Results list'
- Click.. marked items
- Click Export Citations into EndNote etc.
- Choose option 'Download in a format compatible with ProCite, EndNote, Reference Manager and RefWorks'
- Click File | Save as...
- In the 'Save Web Page' window: select path and file name, and Save as Type: Text Only (*.txt)
- Click Save
This saved text file is the one to use for importing into Reference Manager
- Start Reference Manager
- Open or create a database
- Click File| Import Text File
In the 'Import Text File' window:
- Select RM database
- Select Filter: Abi-Proquest-Online-tue.cap
- Select the downloaded text file
- Select the reference range
- Click Import
Due to inconsistencies in the author field in the original database, author names are imported as 'normal text'.
Scan the imported references and edit the RM field Author. Apply the RM author format: <last name |comma| initials separated by periods or full first name |comma| suffix> resulting in for example 'Smith, A.A.; Burg, J., van der; Jones, B.B.'
After editing you can clean the author index by using the Term Manager [click Term Manager | click Activate | choose Author index | click Term Manager again | click Purge | click Yes to All]
More info on / start of ABI/INFORM Global
More info on / installation of / start of Reference Manager