The Dienst ICT Front Office handles those services that are aimed at workplace support. We distinguish between:
- Technical support: Setting up and managing basic functionality
- User support: Helping people to get acquainted with the functionality offered in their workplace
These activities take place close to the users. With the current complexity and diversity of possibilities, standardization on an agreed product range is vitally important. Execution of additional custom work is done based on quotes.
Advantages of outsourcing workplace support to Front Office:
- For registration of questions and problems, the Information and
Service Desk can be used
- The specialized knowledge of the Dienst ICT Back Office product
groups can be requested directy by the servicedesk
The Front Office encompasses:
- Information- and Servicedesk, LG 1.94, tel. 040-247 2000, e-mail: Servicedesk Dienst ICT
- LGO-team (Local user support), for workplace support for Central Services and institutions related to the TU/e which have a support agreement. For more information, contact the LGO coordinator: Anki Visscher, LG 1.94, tel. 4543.
Notebook Service Center (NSC), located in De Hal 0.06, phone: 8888. Website: http://www.tue.nl/nsc The main function of the Notebook Service Center is to make sure that users of a TU/e bought notebook have access to a notebook for 5 years (software as well as hardware).
List of employees