Frans Clement is an artist of some importance, both nationally and regionally. In the late 1960s and in the 1970s he had solo exhibitions in Museum Fodor (Amsterdam), De Krabbedans and the Van Abbemuseum (Eindhoven). In that period he also took part in group exhibitions in the Netherlands and Belgium.
His work is included in the collection of the Province of North Brabant, the State, the Gemeentemuseum voor Schone Kunsten in Gent, the Van Abbemuseum and the ING collection. In 1986 he had a solo exhibition at the Noord Brabantse Kunst Stichting, but in the past 20 years things have become a bit quiet around him. At the end of 1995 he did have a retrospective in Museum Kempenland, entitled 'Singled-out reality' and in 2001 he took part in the exhibition "Dutch realists after 1950" in the Kunsthal in Rotterdam.
This work he made at the beginning of the 1960s and it represents the TU/e under construction, seen from the north side of the campus.
Clement was born in 1941. He was taught by Kees Bol and Jan Gregoor, after which he studied at the Academy in Tilburg and at the National Academy. Throughout his career he remained faithful to his photorealism.